Progress Report – Goals for April 2013
In an effort to keep myself accountable, here I go in seeing what goals I have accomplished, what I still need to do, and which ones should be moved to next month.
- Find a few ways for this Rainy Day blog to make some funds, however small it may be…
- Find a new way of making money.
- Finish last commission on list and take new ones (5).
- Sell unneeded items on ebay and amazon to make extra $.
- To make enough money this month to pay my car payment ($301) AND half of my June car insurance money.
- To spend less than $100 on me.
- To find a job.
Alright, although I haven’t found a new way to make money, I was offered a chance to work for my comic books by watching the store and manning the sales while my friends are up at C2E2 this weekend. I’ll be able to catch up on my subscriptions, and this will give me the future opportunity (perhaps) to do this more when my friend needs me to fill in for him and an easy way for me to save a little extra money while I’m still unemployed. Unfortunately, there is just not a lot of things that are selling ebay and amazon right now. February was a whole different story, but now that people are no longer getting tax checks and instead are making tax payments.. I’m not having that much business. I’m hoping it will pick up in May and June. Still no job, but so far, I’ve spent very little money on myself this month, and I’m hoping to keep it that way..
Rainy Day Goals
- Convert my brother’s, my guy’s, and my own music to the existing external hard drive for easy access.
- Organize my dvd/blu-ray collection.
- Get rid of at LEAST 20 items this month, via selling, donation, or throw-away.
- To continue organizing my room for optimal business format/personal use.
- Hack my journal into an accessible planner/organizer.
- Go through my books and see what items I will sell/donate.
- Start to get the house ready for a graduation party (my brother’s).
The only one that has been done on this list is the last one. I’ve been so dedicated to cleaning, organizing, and painting to get ready for the graduation party that I haven’t done much else. A lot of household chores are getting done instead, and a lot of my own “goals” are falling to the wayside. Perhaps I should do something about this? Spend 30 minutes every other day on one of these goals? What do you think?
- Continue the MWF posts for Rainy Day & Gamer Talk.
- Add a Paypal button for tips or purchases on this blog and Gamer Talk for donations.
- Create logos/banners for both blogs.
- Add artwork to various art sites and sell my artwork online.
- Continue my art blog.
- Refine my gamer podcast and restart it.
- Participate in Move Your Ass Challenge
- Blow my 100 mile goal for MYAC out of the water.
- Lose 20 pounds.
I’m participating in MYAC, and man, that 100 mile goal was unrealistic for the first month. I will honestly be happy if I get to 30 miles at this point. I think next month I’ll move it to 45 and we’ll progress from there. The pounds aren’t necessarily shedding either, but the inches seem to be. My clothing feels just a little bit looser, and I can comfortably be in my bridesmaid dress. I have to kick things into gear though on the rest of this stuff.
Well, it seems I’ve been really lazy when it comes to my own goals, but when it comes to the house, landscaping, and prep for graduation party, I’ve been rocking it. Now if only I could start getting these pounds to shed…
Wish me luck!
Count those Raindrops!