Goal Achievement Report – April 2013
Alright, let’s see what I was able to accomplish!
- Find a few ways for this Rainy Day blog to make some funds, however small it may be…
Find a new way of making money. Finish last commission on list and take new ones (5).
- Sell unneeded items on ebay and amazon to make extra $.
- To make enough money this month to pay my car payment ($301) AND half of my June car insurance money.
To spend less than $100 on me.
- To find a job.
Watching the comic book shop for my friend went great! In fact, I was able to save over $90 worth of comic books thanks to my great friend and the deal he offered to me. In case you’re reading this, thanks again so much! I think that although I wasn’t being handed cash, this qualifies in finding a new way to make some monetary gain as I am completely square with my subscription list now at the comic book shop. While I was there, I was able to finish my last commission and will have it sent out to my buddy in Baltimore by the end of this week. I want to be sure that I scan it and add it onto my online portfolio.
Sadly, Amazon and Ebay have been very neglectful to my piggy bank this month. To give you an idea, only 5 items sold from my Amazon shop in the past two weeks. That’s it! Man is it driving me nuts! HOWEVER! I only $79.21 this month! That means I was under my $100 goal and all is well!
I also have an interview on Monday for a potential lucrative job, and was asked for further information from another possible employer this week as well. So.. keeping my fingers crossed!
Rainy Day Goals
- Convert my brother’s, my guy’s, and my own music to the existing external hard drive for easy access.
- Organize my dvd/blu-ray collection.
- Get rid of at LEAST 20 items this month, via selling, donation, or throw-away.
- To continue organizing my room for optimal business format/personal use.
- Hack my journal into an accessible planner/organizer.
- Go through my books and see what items I will sell/donate.
Start to get the house ready for a graduation party (my brother’s).
The only one that has been done on this list is the last one. I’ve been so dedicated to cleaning, organizing, and painting to get ready for the graduation party that I haven’t done much else. A lot of household chores are getting done instead, and a lot of my own “goals” are falling to the wayside. Perhaps I should do something about this? Spend 30 minutes every other day on one of these goals next month? What do you think?
Continue the MWF posts for Rainy Day& Gamer Talk.
- Add a Paypal button for tips or purchases on this blog and Gamer Talk for donations.
- Create logos/banners for both blogs.
- Add artwork to various art sites and
sell my artwork online.
- Continue my art blog.
- Refine my gamer podcast and restart it.
Participate in Move Your Ass Challenge
- Blow my 100 mile goal for MYAC out of the water.
- Lose 20 pounds.
I’m participating in MYAC, and man, that 100 mile goal was unrealistic for the first month. I will honestly be happy if I get to 30 miles at this point. I think next month I’ll move it to 45 and we’ll progress from there. The pounds aren’t necessarily shedding either, but the inches seem to be. My clothing feels just a little bit looser, and I can comfortably be in my bridesmaid dress. I have to kick things into gear though on the rest of this stuff. I think that my weekly goal of mowing the lawn will be a big kicker for me in the exercise department as we have a big enough lawn that it takes me about 4 hours to mow. I’m hoping I can shave that down to 3 1/2 next week depending on the heat.
Well, it seems I’ve been really lazy when it comes to my own goals, but when it comes to the house, landscaping, and prep for graduation party, I’ve been rocking it. Now if only I could start getting these pounds to shed…
What should I add to my goal list? Am I being a little too optimistic in trying to get a bunch of things done? Of all of the ones I did NOT finish, which one should I crack down upon and accomplish in May?
Count those Raindrops!