Remember in January that instead of making new year resolutions, I decided to jump on the 101 Things to Do in 1001 Days bandwagon. If you’re not familiar with this phenomenon, check out Day Zero Project; the originators of the really neat idea. I’ve been whittling away at it bit by bit and it’s time to let you see where I am in terms of progress.
Do note: I have changed a few of the goals in the career department since I have acquired the job at Chrysler. Goals are meant to evolve right?
So without further ado (and rambling), I present to you all, the list:
1. Write a graphic novel script.
2. Draw that graphic novel.
3. Be accepted to draw Artist Proofs and sketch cards for 1 company.
4. Create an all ages webcomic/graphic novel.
5. Be accepted as part of artist alley for 3 conventions and attend them (0/3).
6. Become more effective on Adobe Photoshop and Autodesk Sketchbook Pro (0/2).
Blogging it Out:
7. Blog on Rainy Day consistently.
8. Blog on Gamer Talk consistently.
9. Create a weekly podcast on Gamer Talk (0/143).
10. Create a blogging schedule for Rainy Day & Gamer Talk blogs and stick to them (0/2).
11. Create a podcast schedule for Gamer Talk and stick to it.
12. Change to a dot-com address.
13. Commit to making $1000 through Rainy Day and Gamer Talk each (0/$2000).
14. Create logos for Rainy Day and Gamer Talk (0/2).
Acquire 25 followers.
Acquire 50 followers.
Find/Redesign Rainy Day Savin’ layout.
Acquire a life sustaining job.
Update my resume.
20. Develop an active lifestyle.
21. Acquire a post-secondary teaching position.
22. Build a portfolio of my art work.
23. Build a sustainable network of friends and colleagues.
Apply for jobs that will better myself and my future, not out of desperation.
25. Obtain a Psychology additive to my teaching license.
26. Take the GRE.
27. Research grants and archeological etiquette.
28. Apply for grants.
29. Apply to colleges for the master’s program.
30. Start my master’s career.
31. Ride my exercise bike every other day.
32. Be able to do 25 (normal) pushups in a row.
33. Be able to do 50 (normal) pushups in a row.
34. Be able to do 50 crunches in a row.
35. Be able to do 100 crunches in a row.
36. Rock a bikini… anywhere.
37. Run a 5k.
38. Take a kickboxing class.
39. Take a Zumba class.
Personal Nerdy Appearance:
Get new glasses/contacts.
Wear contacts at least twice a week.
42. Invest in comfy/stylish footwear that can handle multiple situations.
43. Whiten teeth.
44. Invest in minimal items/accessories that can rock/change an outfit.
45. Rock 15 designer inspired outfits out of what I already have (0/15).
46. Buy a LBD that can work multiple scenarios.
47. Try 30 new foods/drinks (5/30).
48. Eat at ten new restaurants (5/10).
49. Learn 15 new recipes (0/15).
50. Adopt 3 recipes into the food rotation (0/3).
Drink 20 oz. of water a day.
Learn how to make my own Arnold Palmer’s Half & Half Pink Lemonade/Tea.
For the Fun of IT:
53. Watch 30 movies I’ve never seen each year (53/90). (Woah! I’ve succeeded on this one, for sure!)
54. Treat my mom for a day instead of the other way around.
Complete a 1,000 piece puzzle.
56. Complete a 5,000 piece puzzle.
57. Truly watch a sunrise.
58. Truly watch a sunset.
59. Go stargazing.
60. Be able to identify planets in the night sky.
61. Watch each meteor shower with a friend or loved one (0/7).
62. Go fruit picking.
63. Go to a vineyard wine tasting.
64. Visit three museums (0/3).
65. Attend a concert.
66. Go to Vegas.
67. Create five DIYs from Pinterest or some other site (4/5).
68. Go to 4 Philharmonic concerts (0/4).
69. See a play.
70. Complete a crossword puzzle book (without looking up the answers).
71. Dress up for Halloween.
72. Read & Watch the LotR series.
73. Have Star Wars and Harry Potter marathons without breaks (0/2).
74. Buy a new scanner.
75. Grow a vegetable garden.
76. Buy a world map to pin places I want to go/have gone.
77. Decorate for Halloween/Christmas (0/4).
78. Update my computer.
79. Organize my geek collection (donate/sell what I don’t want).
80. Organize my DVD/Blu-ray collection.
81. Organize and purge my closet (donate/sell unwanted items).
82. Organize my art supplies.
83. Clean out old computer files.
84. Back up my computer.
Organize my shipping supplies. (Post to come!)
Organize inventory/sales on excel or some said spreadsheet.
Organize books (donate/sell the ones I don’t want).
88. Learn to sew/knit/crochet (0/3).
89. Read 100 books I’ve never read before (8/100).
90. Volunteer for a worthy cause.
Donate hair to Locks of Love (again) and try to give blood again.
92. Get out of credit card debt & pay off half my student loans (0/2).
93. Save a $5,000 emergency fund.
Travel the World:
94. Go to Boston, Baltimore, Houston, and New Albuquerque (0/4).
95. Take a road trip to a place I’ve never been.
96. Ride on a train.
97. Visit a famous landmark I’ve never seen.
98. Use my passport once before it expires.
Related to List:
Print and post this list somewhere so I’ll remember to do it!
100. Save $5 for each completed task ($85/$505).
101. Make another list and post on the 1001st day.
That’s 17 down or 16% of the list crossed out and another 84 to go! Some of them are reaching, sure, but that’s the whole point about goals right? They are after all, aspirations toward which to work and look forward..
Count those Raindrops!